According to a recent press release: “Wyoming based metalcore outfit Righteous Vendetta continue to tour aggressively throughout the US as we approach the release of their new, full length album, Cursed, which comes out March 17th on Century Media.” With the release date of their latest release coming quickly, we sent off our 10 Quick Ones to lead vocalist Ryan Hayes to get some info on the new release and much more…
1.Tell us a little about your latest release. What might a fan or listener not grab the first or second time they listen through? Are there any hidden nuggets the band put in the material or that only diehard fans might find?
The latest release is definitely alot heavier than the previous album. Any long time fan is going to listen to the first track and be thrown back to the 2010 Righteous Vendetta! With that said though people can expect the same groove patterns and hooks that have always made RV RV.
2. What got you into music, and can you tell us about the moment you realized you wanted to be a musician?
I got into music through MTV Headbangers Ball. I slowly started hearing heavy bands and like any metal head over time I was hooked and it took me over. I think the moment I realized I wanted to perform was when I saw As I Lay Dying for the first time!
3. Who would be your main five musical influences?
- As I Lay Dying
- Killswitch Engage
- In Flames
- Linkin Park
4. If you could call in any one collaborator to do a song with, who would it be?
I would love to do a song with Adam D from Killswitch. He is brilliant to me!
5. How would you describe your music to someone who’d never listened to you before?
I would ask if they worked out and if they said yes I would say well here is the next soundtrack to your workouts. Haha okay kidding… Kinda… I would tell them if they wanted something catchy, heavy and all around banging our music is for you.
6. What’s the best thing about being a musician?
Connecting with people through the art of music. It truly is magical.
7. When the band are all hanging out together, who cooks; who gets the drinks in; and who is first to crack out the acoustic guitars for a singalong?
Justin is definitely the cook, I am usually the one who gets the drinks and either I or Justin cracks the acoustic. Everyone else is usually tied to their phone haha.
8. If you weren’t a musician, what would be your dream job?
A songwriter! But that’s sort of a musician. If nothing else I would want to be pilot!
9. Looking back over your career, is there a single moment or situation you feel was a misstep or you would like to have a “do over”?
Yes we signed a record deal with a record label called Red Cord Records. He stole money and lied all the time. It was a very low time for us. But we made it though!
10. If you could magically go back in time and be a part of the recording sessions for any one record in history, which would you choose – and what does that record mean to you?
System of a Down – Toxicity! That album was my most played album of all. Time. I would be so interested to see the process of writing such interesting anf off the wall music.
RIGHTEOUS VENDETTA LINKS:
Filed Under: Interviews
About the Author: