According to a recent press release: “Broken Bow Records artist Jackie Lee is an Amazon Music “Artist to Watch in 2017,” Billboard “10 Hot Country Artists to Watch,” Bobby Bones’ “Class of 2017” member, CMT “17 for 2017” LISTEN UP artist, Huffington Post “10 Country Artists to Watch in 2017” AND he is a Rolling Stone Country “10 Artists You Should Know.”” We get Jackie to answer our 10 Quick Ones about his new material and and more…
1. Tell us a little about your latest release. What might a fan or listener not grab the first or second time they listen through? Are there any hidden nuggets the band put in the material or that only diehard fans might find?
The lyrics for “Getting Over You” came fresh (the day after) my good friend’s break up. Every word in the song has purpose and a depth of meaning behind it because of that raw emotion.
2. What got you into music, and can you tell us about the moment you realized you wanted to be a musician?
My dad is the reason I do music. He has made it a part of my life my entire life. My junior year of high school is when it hit me that I absolutely knew I wanted to be a musician. I dropped the sports (and some of my grades lol), and whole-heartedly pursued music.
3. Who would be your main five musical influences?
Bryan Adams, Maroon 5, Michael Bolton, Phil Collins, and Brooks and Dunn
4. If you could call in any one collaborator to do a song with, who would it be?
5. How would you describe your music to someone who’d never listened to you before?
Soulful melodies with a pop-rock instrumentation and truthful country lyrics.
6. What’s the best thing about being a musician?
Getting to travel all over.
7. When the band are all hanging out together, who cooks; who gets the drinks in; and who is first to crack out the acoustic guitars for a singalong?
That would be me, for sure. I suffer from FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and never want to miss anything.
8. If you weren’t a musician, what would be your dream job?
Never even thought about anything else.
9. Looking back over your career, is there a single moment or situation you feel was a misstep or you would like to have a “do over”?
No matter what a person does in their life there will always be times they want to “redo” something or go back and try to fix it. But I’m ok with the things that have happened to me in my life now. I do hate that some of them did happen, but if it weren’t for those situations then I would not be me.
10. If you could magically go back in time and be a part of the recording sessions for any one record in history, which would you choose – and what does that record mean to you?
Bryan Adams So Far So Good album! It changed my life and I would just love to be a fly on the wall and see how they captured magic!
JACKIE LEE LINKS:
Filed Under: Interviews
About the Author: