According to a recent press release: “Italian alternative rock quartet Soldiers Of A Wrong War has released their new party-filled music video titled, “Yeah!” Along with the new single, comes the announcement for the band’s second studio album “Countdowns”, which follows up on their 2014 three-track EP, “Slow”. The new album is set to release April 18th and is now available for pre-orders via iTunes.” We get the band to answer our 10 Quick Ones about the bands new disc and and more…
1. Tell us a little about your latest release. What might a fan or listener not grab the first or second time they listen through? Are there any hidden nuggets the band put in the material or that only diehard fans might find?
Countdowns is our second full length release since our first album which we dropped in 2011. I think that people will immediately feel that the sound of this album is more mature, we had the chance to grow, to experience some changes in our lives and we started to listen to many different types of music, having the chance to absorb something from every new artist we fell in love with. We mixed all of that with the Soldiers Of A Wrong War imprint creating something that we’re really proud of.
2. What got you into music, and can you tell us about the moment you realized you wanted to be a musician?
What got us into music? Well, when you realize how powerful music is in terms of connecting people, you totally fell in love with it, you start to feel what’s the real meaning of freedom and you start to wonder how can you create your own music? So you learn about what type of music and sound you like the most, you take an instrument and start to shape your own reality. That littlle thought you had in your mind at one point will be recorded, becoming a concrete piece of reality thrown into this world, something that was just inside your mind, now is there, ready to be shared with thousands of strangers who will love it or hate it but in either case, it’ll create a reaction. That’s the wonderful, stunning power of making music and that’s what got us into making music!
3. Who would be your main five musical influences?
We can definitely say Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Deftones and The Cure.
4. If you could call in any one collaborator to do a song with, who would it be?
This question is super hard, just because there are tons of producers/artists that we’d love to work with at some point. If we have to pick one right now, we’d go with Pharrell Williams, he’s simply a pure genius.
5. How would you describe your music to someone who’d never listened to you before?
If you’re looking for some fresh and sharp rock music that will jump into your ears to conquer your brain, freeze it in a moment of pure pleasure and give it back to you safely refreshed, then Soldiers Of A Wrong War is exactly what you need!
6. What’s the best thing about being a musician?
The best thing about it is to be able to express what and how you feel, track it down with some instruments and lyrics and give birth to a brand new song. That’s the best feeling you’ll ever be able to get. It means shaping your own reality and it’s a formula for immortality because once you record a song, nothing will be able to destroy it, not even time, it’ll always be there to let you taste that specific moment of your life once again.
7. When the band are all hanging out together, who cooks; who gets the drinks in; and who is first to crack out the acoustic guitars for a singalong?
Adin is the one who likes to manage timings and organize the things that we have to do, in order to get things done in the best way possible. Difio and Luca are always the first to crack out the acoustic guitars for a singalong anytime it’s possible. Singing acoustic songs all together it’s like a stress-free therapy, it frees your mind and it lets you fully enjoy the moment. Difio is also pretty good cook. Last but not least Ric is the ultimate drinkster, sometimes we call him Bender, like the famous character in the tv show Futurama.
8. If you weren’t a musician, what would be your dream job?
I definitely think the choice would be between being a Panda caretaker in China or one of those guys who travel the world tasting different kind of foods in every corner of this planet.
9. Looking back over your career, is there a single moment or situation you feel was a misstep or you would like to have a “do over”?
We’re pretty much satisfied with what we’ve done until now. There are so many things that we still have to accomplish and we’ll keep on working harder then ever to reach our goals!
10. If you could magically go back in time and be a part of the recording sessions for any one record in history, which would you choose – and what does that record mean to you?
Disintegration by The Cure. That LP is simply a masterpiece, a classic: we’re talking about an album which came out almost 30 years ago and it’s still so actual and perfect. It’s deep and intense, each song is the representation of a certain shade for a specific feeling and anyone in this world can easily relate to that feeling. it’s the perfect picture of slow, dark, sensual ruminations on losing love and feeling washed up and we all felt that way at least once in our lives.
SOLDIERS OF A WRONG WAR LINKS:
Filed Under: Interviews
About the Author: